How to Choose a Flat Iron for Thick Hair and what are the Different Types
Don’t despair, if you find your hair to be too thick. Thankfully, there are different kinds of flat irons available in the market, which are meant for all kinds of hairs, including the thick ones. Thick hairs, fizzes, curls can be really very difficult to style; here come the best flat irons for thick hair into the picture. They offer excellent results in quick time and have no harsh effects on your hairs. As mentioned, there are varieties of different kinds of flat irons which are available in the market; however, you need to know what exactly you are looking for while you choose one!
Tips to Select the Best Flat Iron
When it comes to selecting the best flat irons for thick hair, there are certain important aspects which need to be taken into consideration. Choosing the best one out of so many different types available I n the market can be a bit confusing at times; therefore, makes sure you keep in mind the following points while you are in the hunt for the best flat iron.
- Go for the Quality: When it comes to buying the best flat iron, it is always advisable to go for the quality. There are different kinds of cheap stuff available in the market; these items are made of metal plates or glass. They don’t offer many features and can cause serious damage to your hairs over a period of time because their plates are of low quality. Look for the ones which come with ceramic plates. These flat rods do wonders on all kinds of hair as they generate the ideal temperature and when it comes to the distribution of heat, they do so uniformly and quickly which gives your hair the smooth and silky looks which you have always desired.
- Temperature Settings: Always go for the ones which come with adjustable temperature settings. The best flat rods available in the market come with this feature and hence they are equally effective on all kinds of hairs. When it comes to dressing fine hairs or just a touch-up, a temperature of 140°F would be sufficient; however, if you have thick hairs, then you would require a rod that generates a temperature between 370° F to 410°F.
- Cord: The best models which are available in the market are available with tangle-free cords which can be used and handled quite easily
The Different Types of Flat Irons
The flat irons for thick hairs are available in three different types, which are Titanium, Tourmaline, and Ceramic.
- Titanium: The flat iron rods made of titanium are ideal for the saloons as they get heated up quite quickly and works at a faster pace. However, these rods are not quite safe for the locks.
- Tourmaline: From the safety perspective, Tourmaline rods are the ideal ones. They offer shiny and soft look to your hairs.
- Ceramic: Ceramic rods are also quite safe and are known for distributing heat uniformly which is an important factor when it comes to straightening of thick hairs