Cocktail dresses that came into vogue after the World War II, is today the most demanding kind of silhouette. Cocktail dresses are somewhat like a formal to semi-formal kind of a dress that goes well with almost occasions like office parties, formal gatherings, evening parties, weddings and many more. There are few myths about Cocktail dresses that any black silhouette that ends up to the knees is a cocktail dress. However, that’s not true. There’s more to know when it comes to cocktail dresses. Without further ado, let’s discuss 6 best things about Cocktail dresses that are worth knowing this festive season:
- The real origin of cocktail dresses: The cocktail dresses came in vogue during the Post World War Period when women started going out for work and not just lived for the domestic chores. The community of working women came into existence and with this came the community of drinking women in the society. Women during that time wore beautiful silhouettes to business parties that later came to be known as cocktail dresses.
- Cocktail dresses are more than just LBD’s: Yes, you heard right! Cocktail dresses are not just about little black dresses. Though mostly pointed towards the knee length black silhouettes, cocktail dresses are more than that. Full-length dresses, bodycon gowns, and even hi-lo dresses are a part of cocktail dress collection. Both full sleeves and sleeveless dresses can be worn to a cocktail party. Any party dress that has a little formal touch in its silhouette is considered as a cocktail dress today.
- Cocktail dresses make you look elegant: One of the main reasons why cocktail dresses are so much in vogue is because it makes you look elegant in all ways. Irrespective of how you look and what your body shape is, cocktail dress is a beautiful piece of silhouette that has the magic to make you look like an elegant English woman.
- Cocktail dresses bring shape to your body: Cocktail dresses, ever since its existence in the fashion industry has always been successful in bringing the best look out of you. The shape of these dresses is so designed that they fit into your body in a hanging style and brings a shape to your body. In fact, cocktail dresses are available in all shapes and sizes. Either bodycon or A-line or skater or even full-length maxi style, cocktail silhouettes are available in all shapes. So, the choice is yours!
- Look expensive in a cocktail dress: Nowadays cocktail dresses are not just restricted to business parties but have gotten diversified into different clusters. From wedding receptions to just casual evening parties, cocktail dresses have made its entry to all houses. One of the reasons why cocktail dresses are so demanding is because even the most affordable range of proper cocktail dress can make you look expensive and chic. What can be a better party look than a comfortable dress that easily changes your style and makes you look more expensive and carried?
- Affordable ranges: One of the best things about cocktail dresses is that they come in a varied range of price tags. There are all types of cocktail dresses available in the market from affordable ranges to even high-end designer styles. Hence get any dress you want, anytime at the best prices.
Cocktail dresses are all about glamour and class. Let that be an affordable one or pricy one, bodycon or skater. The only thing that you must know while wearing a cocktail dress is how to carry it and you are good to go. You can find a huge collection of cocktail dresses at Fenneconnection. Just check them out!