Cakes are always the best kind of things to wish someone or to congratulate someone. And when the person to wish is none other than your mom, the cake has to be a special one. She has always baked the most enticing cakes for your birthdays and therefore on a day that is dedicated to mom’s prowess, bake a lovely mother’s day cake and surprise her.
Here is the list of some fabulous cakes that you can present your mom on mother’s day.
- Chocolate Cream Cake
- Peanut butter swirl cake
- Red Velvet cake
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Chocolate Espresso Roulade
- Peanut Butter Cup Bliss Sheet Cake
- Fresh Lemon-Coconut Cake
As a cake for mother’s day, we would present to you a mouth-watering recipe of a very special Peanut Butter Cup Bliss Sheet Cake
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (not natural-style)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
Melted creamy peanut butter, chopped peanut butter cups, and mini chocolate chips, for topping
- After pre-heating the oven to 350’ F, and grease a 12-x-17″ half sheet/jelly roll pan and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt and on the other hand prepare the mixture of water, butter, and cocoa powder over the gas. Now, pour this fluid on top of the flour mixture, then slowly whisk together until combined.
- Prepare a thick mixture of eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar and then whisk in vanilla until combined, then pour into chocolate batter and whisk until combined. Finally, whisk in buttermilk. Pour chocolate batter into prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and then remove the cake from oven and set the pan on a wire rack. Cool the cake in pan completely before getting it frosted.
- For the frosting beat softened butter and peanut butter together until you get the smooth creamy texture. Now, add confectioners’ sugar, cream, vanilla extract, and salt and beat on low speed. To thicken this one you can add more sugar.
- Finally, you have to spread the frosting all over the cooled cake followed by drizzling of melted peanut butter. Top it up with chopped peanut butter cups and mini chocolate chips.
This special mother’s day cake would definitely make her smile bigger and broader.